Sunday, February 20, 2011

Vanilla Extract time again!



Just under 2 years ago, I made my first batch of homemade vanilla extract. I have a little left, but realized that I needed to get the next batch started so that I did not run out entirely!
So, here I am today:

I purchased my vodka yesterday as part of my month grocery shopping trip to Jackson, and here I am all set up to begin.

The beans were a little harder to cut up than I remember from the first time, so my hand was tired by the time I finished! I actually have beans left over, so I guess I will be buying another bottle of vodka!



Here is the finished product. In about 4-6 weeks, I will have a jar full of vanilla extract! This jar is larger than the one I used with my initial batch, and it took the full bottle of vodka.


No comments: