Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Letters from Ireland, October the 12th

"Well dauter rose i sit down to ancer your kind and welcome letter which i long wached for i was draming every nite about you i am onley very midliying my self i am going down fast but wat can i espect i can wach none now breth tow blow out a candle i could not be better cared any plase as i am where i am i have nothing to dow nor cant dow any thing i keep the children out of the fire for she is bysey carying in and caring out feeding pigs and cattle she is erning her bread hard patrick is working very hard in the place he cant gow to ern a shiling any plase there is now money here he will get it very hard to put on he has a heavy burthen a big fameley now help yet we all can take a bit if we get it i dow not know how he will get them rared the are as find locking childer as you would see maryan is at scool every she is in the second book she is like you and has hear lick yo roseellen is like myself her hear is white briget he are is black and we call it ehe black bird i had know letter from johny cince i rote to you before wel rose i am sorry that your coff is stiking to you sow long i cof myself every morning till you would think i would dy i get a we drop of tea it dose help i get my breakfast in bed every morning the best in the house mary gun is going to gain her huband hold property tow hundred pounds it is in law she was to days at law in Monaghy her and Patrick she had the best of the law she will gain all in three months we had harvet we lost a lot of corn we have good weather for the potaes now there is skanges let me know did your ant rose get much of insurence or how is she give my love to mis any megill patric mrs and all childer sends there love to there little cousins hoping the are all keeping well after there visit we have three good children now since any more yet she has not time to bread any more let me know did you rite to john yet we all goin in cending our love to you and husband if you come home bring your husband with you we woud lick to see him patrick is taking to gow to see him and johny he wants to now has be big pay the money is carse here now know more from your mother wite sown again the children cends kisses a pice to co XX kisses"

Well, Daughter Rose,
I sit down to answer your kind and welcome letter which I long watched for. I was dreaming every night about you. I am only very middling myself, I am going down fast. But what can I expect, I can watch none now, breath two blow out a candle. I could not be better cared for any place as I am. Where I am, I have nothing to do, nor cant do any thing I keep the children out of the fire for she is busy carrying in and carrying out feeding pigs and cattle. She is earning her bread hard. Patrick is working very hard in the place. He cant go to earn a shilling any place. There is no money here. He will get it very hard to put on. He has a heavy burden, a big family, no help, yet we all can take a bit if we get it. I do not know how he will get then reared. They are as fine looking children as you would see. Maryann is at school every. She is in the second book. She is like you and has hair like you, Rose. Ellen is like myself, her hair is white.Briget hair is black, we call it the blackbird. I had no letter from Johnny since I wrote to you before.
Well, Roses, I am sorry that your cough is sticking to you so long. I cough myself every morning till you would think I would die. I get a wee drop of tea, it does help. I get my breakfast in bed every morning. The best in the house. Maryann is going to gain her husband's whole property, two hundred pounds, it is the law. She was two days at law in Monaghen, her and Patrick. She had the best of the law she will gain all in three months. We had harvest, we lost a lot of corn, we have good weather for the potatoes now. there is changes. Let me know, did your Aunt Rose get much of insurance or how is she? Give my love to Miss Amy Megill. Patrick, Mrs and all children sends their love to their little cousins, hoping that they are all keeping well after their visit. We have three good children now since any more yet she has not time to bread any more. Let me know did you write to John yet? We are all going in sending our love to you and husband. If you come home bring your husband with you. We would like to see him and Johny. He wants to know has he big pay. The money is scarce here now. No more from your mother. Write soon. Again, the children sends kisses a piece to co XXX kisses.

No comments: