So, I dyed my hair, showered , and made the bed before eating breakfast. Then, I finished basting Torri's quilt. All this was accomplished before my friend Janice showed up for our quilt date at 9:00!
For the next several hours, Janice and I chatted and laughed our way through the cutting process of making a quilt.
I managed to turn a daunting pile of baby clothes into this selection of squares. I also worked out a design. I have enough blocks now and will start sewing them together after I quilt Torri's quilt.
After Janice left, I finished cutting my squares and then finished the binding on Rob & Isabel's quilt.
I continued working on Jennifer's quilt, and I believe I have enough blocks cut out (I used up all of the clothing!) for the top. I plan to use the blankets for the backing and since several of them are thick enough, will not add any additional batting. She included a lot of bibs and I plan to applique them onto the back of the quilt. If there are enough, I plan to use the bibs as the quilting design. This is a definite "design as I go" quilt!