Friday, May 24, 2013

Summer Vacation DaySix

Another stay at home day today.  Since Vince is working days this week, I was awake early.

So, I dyed my hair, showered , and made the bed before eating breakfast.  Then, I finished basting Torri's quilt.  All this was accomplished before my friend Janice showed up for our quilt date at 9:00!

For the next several hours, Janice and I chatted and laughed our way through the cutting process of making a quilt.














I managed to turn a daunting pile of baby clothes into this selection of squares.  I also worked out a design.  I have enough blocks now and will start sewing them together after I quilt Torri's quilt.






After Janice left, I finished cutting my squares and then finished the binding on Rob & Isabel's quilt.

















Since our minister will be on vacation on Sunday, I agreed to do the Children's message.  It is based on Psalm 8, which is about worship and praise.  Thankfully, that is an easy one!  A little research, a little internet surfing and I was finished.




 I continued working on Jennifer's quilt, and I believe I have enough blocks cut out (I used up all of the clothing!) for the top.  I plan to use the blankets for the backing and since several of them are thick enough, will not add any additional batting.  She included a lot of bibs and I plan to applique them onto the back of the quilt.  If there are enough, I plan to use the bibs as the quilting design.  This is a definite "design as I go" quilt!





No comments: