Friday, May 24, 2013

Summer Vacation Day Seven

Wow, I cannot believe I have been out of school for a week already!


  
Today is Friday, and I keep having to remind myself of that!  I am also having a hard time recalling what I managed to accomplish today!  (Just kidding!!)

I slept in (until 8:00)!  Janice and I went to the big city of Jackson today.





My vacuum is a bit ill, so I dropped it off to be repaired, then we ventured up to Hancock Fabrics so that Janice could purchase some fabrics for a quilt she is making.  



 Then we had lunch at Los Portales (the one in Jackson, not the one in Henderson!)  and ventured into Lowes so that I could purchase some paint to cover an area on the wall where Vince missed when he painted last.

We did not have the original paint can and I had previously picked up paint strips to see if I could match the color.  Today was the first attempt at seeing if we chose correctly.  I purchased a sample of that paint, some ceiling paint (as yet another project) and 4 water lily plants for the pond.



When I arrived home, Mom and I threw the lily plants into the pond, I painted the wall (the paint is a really good match!), ordered epiphytes for Rob and Isabel's party, completed two lines of quilting on Torri's Quilt, sorted through some old photographs (anyone have a use for those unwanted ones???), listed a few items on Freecycle, listed a dresser for sale on Craigslist, and started dinner.

It was not as productive a day as I usually have.  However, I had a great time with Janice, had a long chat with my cousin Kathleen and played with  my dogs.










No comments: