Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Break. Day 1




Well, it is official.

School is out. I had a partial day today. The annual Christmas Party was held. We ate breakfast in class as I work hard to make sure we are not eating tons of sweets and other junk foods. At least there was fruit and sausage balls to balance the diet.

The kids were great and fun and we all had a great time. I was out of there by 11:00.

I then proceeded to the post office to mail off my Christmas Cards for the Angel Card Project, my son's and his fiancee's Christmas Gifts (only some!), and a package for my sister.

Southern Oaks was next on the list of places to visit. I rarely get there anymore with my hectic schedule. I visited for a while with Debra and had a few laughs.

Upon arrival at home, I unpacked my haul of gifts from my students (a reasonable amount and nice items too!) along with the mail from two days.

Our new water heater was delivered today, I woke Vince up to handle those arrangements. We purchased a GE GeoSpring water heater, which will save us money yearly on heating water, plus we get a tax savings for this year. It looks rather futuristic. We have named it R2.





I also cleaned out one kitchen cabinet and posted some glasses on Freecycle, along with several other items. I did post ads on Craigslist as well for some Barbies, and a decorative Christmas plate we no longer want.

Now that my studio has been rearranged to facilitate the delivery of R2, I really need to get in there and clean it up.

No comments: