Saturday, May 8, 2010

Resolutions: April's update

April's update on my Resolutions

1. Cease drinking soda. Vince did bring in a bottle of Pepsi for Pizza night early this month. I was tempted and poured myself a glass the following day. I found that I did not enjoy the taste, the fizz or the bloated feeling I had after drinking it. I am better off without soda!

2. Do not purchase new clothes for one year. Temptation was here! I was out with friends and visited the NEX (the department type store on the Naval military base in Millington) and was looking at summer skirts. I do not wear shorts because I really am uncomfortable in them, so I like skirts in the summer. I do not seem to have any casual ones, so I was looking.....but did not like the colors. Then I realized that I have some fantastic fabric in my studio that will make wonderful skirts! Unfortunately, I never found the time to whip up a skirt....I guess my motivation left me. At least I did not buy anything new!

3. Save the savings. Okay, I had very few coupons to use in the grocery store, so my savings was $1.00. However, I did save 10% on my batting order at Jo-Ann Fabrics because I am a member of AQS. All together, I saved $8.20 this month.

4. Reduce my personal belongings. More progress! I freecycled the electric fireplace logs that have been sitting in the utility room for more than a year. I also freecycled the hanging lamp that we removed during our renovations.
The large blue area rug that we have not used since we lived in Clarksville has finally left the building!
That is three large items that have left the house!



5. Read at least 3 books to improve my teaching skills.
URK. I have not moved along on this resolution at all this month. I did read several novels, but nothing that required much thought. I may bag this one until the summer gets here. My pile of books is growing faster than I have time to read!

6. Keep my tax records more organized for 2010. I realize I need to put my school purchases receipts in the folder. (Now....I wonder where they are????)

7. Walk 10,000 steps each day. I have not worn the pedometer this month. Sigh.

8. Reduce my fabric stash. Okay. I counted my stash during Spring Break. The unfortunate part is that I have almost as much fabric as I did when I initially counted my stash. However, I did reduce my stash by 3.5 boxes of scrap! But those scraps were not in the original yardage count.
The weather did keep me away from Paducah, so I did not purchase any additional fabrics for my quiltaway weekend in June. I still need to do that, so the count will increase when I make the journey to Memphis in May.

9. Make time for ME! Ha. This month, with being sick, I had a lot of 'me time' to rest and read.

10. Blog about these resolutions every month. DONE!(a little late, but DONE!)

No comments: