As usual, new projects cropped up occasionally. We had a septic tank backup that required us to remove the carpeting in the downstairs bathroom. Who puts carpet in a bathroom?? Around the same time, the drain in that bathtub failed.
I did go out in June to purchase a new tub drain, new tile and all that was needed to install it, however, Vince did not want me to tackle that job. I never seem to do major tasks to his satisfaction...he is such a perfectionist! So, they sat.
- pantry is still unfinished --just needs trim.
- Master bedroom closet
- master bedroom shower
- Mom's kitchen
- Front walkway
- Mustang repaired so it is drivable
- Great room walls--paint? panel with wood? undecided yet, but must be done
- Remove carpet and put wood floors in the Great Room
- Clearing out of ALL stored items in the garage
- Organizing Vince's workshop
- Front Walkway--stone? concrete? decking? undecided yet.
- WoodShed needs doors and half a roof. Weird that the roof is half done, right?
- Vince completed Mom's bedroom and living room on the extension.
- He completed the wrap around portion of the deck.
- Vince finished tiling the floor in the downstairs bathroom. The bathtub drain is replaced and working well. Yesterday, I installed the hand towel hook and declared it finished. Now when Rob and Izzy come to visit, they will not be creeped out by the bathroom.
- We moved the beige living room set into Mom's living room and found the couch was too big.
- we sold the beige living room set
- Mom purchased a sleeper loveseat and table, so her living room furniture is completed.
- I finally repaired the ceiling in the master Bedroom. Now the pieces of sheetrock tape are not hanging down!
On New Year's Eve, we did our last shopping of 2013. I purchased a new bathroom faucet and shower head for the upstairs bathroom.
Since I have been off on Christmas Break from school:
- I have quilted half of the Bunny Run T-shirt quilt--I made a great stencil of the Bunny Run Bunny and that is the quilt design! I have quilted 12 bunnies so far.
- I replaced the bathroom faucet with A LOT of help from my friend Whitney. It was harder to remove the old faucet than to install the new one. I had to go out to buy plumber's tape and found that my car battery was dead. So, that was hooked to the charger while we went to the hardware store!
- I hung a shelf unit up in my studio
- I hung two curtain tie-back hooks in the bathrooms to use as hand towel holders. They work great!
- I hung a blind in my MIL living room
- I caught 6 mice! 5 in the ceiling of my studio, one in my car!
- I had two helpers paint mouldings for my MIL's apartment.
- I cleaned out the garage, hung posters and other framed prints on the walls (sounds weird, but they have been sitting out there for 7 years!) I also sold 5 boxes of stuff from the garage. It is neater now, but still rather full.
- I laid some excess tile pieces at the end of our walkway ramp to keep us out of the mud a little bit more.
- I started a new quilt top using my Jelly Roll books. Janice came over for the day and we sat and stitched together.. She also started a Jelly Roll quilt. We had great fun.
- I taught my friend Whitney to sew recently. Over the break she finished her curtains and made a bed for the dog!
- I replaced a pocket on Vince's flight suit. The zipper on the original one was broken and it was easier to replace the pocket with one from a damaged suit than it was to replace the zipper!
- I raked leaves for over 4 hours! Amazing how many of them get under, in and around the bushes!
- I repotted a house plant. This is one I have not managed to kill in over a year! So, I figured it needed a nicer ceramic pot.
- I cleaned out my car--it needed it after the mouse incident...could not stand the thought of mouse turds in my car!
- I have baked, cooked and cleaned several times.
- I had two overnight guests (young friends of mine) who helped my MIL and I with painting. They also moved concrete blocks from under the decks.
- I have my lesson plans for Dateline: Troy outlined, and have been fine tuning them over the past two days. Tomorrow I go back to school, and will hopefully have the afternoon to finish these lesson plans.
- I participated in two Secret Santa Exchanges...that was fun!
- The house has been decorated for Christmas and since Robert and Izzy have not come to visit yet, I plan to leave the decorations up for a while longer!
I guess that is about it...all in all, I had a very busy break and cannot wait to get back to school and a normal routine! I have been productive and have accomplished a number of small tasks that were waiting around for a long time. It feels good to finish these tasks.