Saturday, July 20, 2013

Summer Vacation??

Yeah, I know, I have not posted in a while. 

I have been busy. 

Very busy. 

School will begin in just a few short weeks.  I have been in the classroom setting up, preparing lesson plans, organizing my materials, attending training sessions, attending meetings, sharing my knowledge with fellow teachers, setting up DonorsChoose projects and Adopt a Classroom projects......you know how it goes.

So, here we are, another summer is over for us teachers.  Everyone always thinks that teachers have it made...work from 8-3, weekends and summers off.

Hardee har har

Those of you who know me know that I spend many extra hours at school each week, preparing and tweaking lessons, grading papers, cleaning up and staying on top of matters.  Recycling is also part of what I do. 

I spend weekends looking for ways to spice up the next week's lessons, or reviewing what has to be repeated because the students need some additional help. 

I spend ONE month...June, doing what I like in the summer, then it is back to the books.  This year I have new standards and a new reading series to keep me occupied. 

So, I currently have 3 DonorsChoose projects set up, they are available if anyone wants to check them out here:   www.donorschoose.org/carrabba

I also discovered that Adopt a Classroom has a project page now.  I set up my first project:  http://www.adoptaclassroom.org/classroomdonation/results_teacher.aspx?ClassroomID=99141&schoolID=21133#

So, if you are interested in making a donation to education, or know someone (or a big organization!!), pass the word along.  Or as we said a few years ago:  Can you spare the cost of a cup of coffee? 


No comments: