Saturday, June 5, 2010

Carrabba Turtle Rescue Retreat!


We rescue turtles. We find them trying to cross the road, and to save their lives, we stop and pick them up and bring them home to our pond. Most of the turtles are water turtles.

We have the occasional box turtle that is brought home and given a new residence in our woods.

The other day, as I was leaving, I spotted a turtle trying to cross my road. I stopped and brought him back to our property, leaving him at the edge as I was on my way to a meeting.

I am fairly certain this is the same turtle!

The dogs were barking up a storm, so I went to investigate and found this guy on the other side of the fence.
















They were trying to dig under the fence to get to the turtle:






I think he may stay awhile, even though his neighbors are noisy animals who play rough!


No comments: