Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Snowy Day Projects

As I mentioned in my January Status on my new year's resolutions, I was working on the Car Club items for their show in April.


Well, I am pleased to announce that they are finished! They are all placemats, so it was easy to work on. There are three different fabrics used, all which will appeal to owners of Classic Cars!
I did purchase the car fabrics last year, but I used fabrics from my stash on the backs. I would estimate that I used up 10 yards of fabric from my stash! YAY!


1939 Woodies!

Muscle Cars!

More Muscle Cars!




I also finished the baby quilt I was making for a friend. I used fabrics that I purchased on January 1st to finish this quilt as I had NOTHING that went with the focus fabric in my stash!
As you can see it features the Cat in the Hat! This fabric is no longer manufactured, and I had a rough time finding the piece I did find....I had all but given up locating any fabric that I could use, when I stumbled across a piece at an indoor flea market in Corinth, Mississippi!

So, because school has been closed for these past two days, I was able to finish these two projects and make some progress on a Block of the Month kit I purchased last March. It has 12 different blocks and I have finished 5 of them so far.

No comments: