Saturday, July 3, 2010

PILLOWS for the Classroom!

Finally I have finished this project!
I now have two HUGE pillows to use in my classroom for the upcoming school year!






These pillows were created using reclaimed stuffing and fabric! The outer covering that you see is an old fabric shower curtain. The inner pillow forms were created using fabric I purchased at the thrift store (quite unattractive fabric if I may say so!) very inexpensively. The stuffing was reclaimed from several unwanted bedpillows and throw pillows. It took a while to wash and dry the stuffing materials, but it was worth it!

Measuring about 30 inches square, they will sit on the floor for students to use instead of sitting at regular desks. They will have to earn the right to sit on the floor pillows, of course!

No comments: