Monday, December 21, 2009

Preparing Your Life

I was watching a movie in which this quote was used:
God will send the rain when he's ready.
You need to prepare your fields to receive it.


I decided that it was a good place to start my New Year's greeting to all of my friends and family.

The reason I liked this quote is that it can apply to anyone's life. Ask yourself what you are doing with your life. Are you just going through the motions or are you building and creating something wonderful? Each and every day should be looked upon as a new adventure, as one tiny part of your entire life, but holding an immense amount of value. It should not be wasted. In our society today, there are so many issues struggling for our attention, for our time. We often forget to take time for ourselves, and in so doing, forget to give time to others. Our focus is sometimes off kilter and needs to be readjusted from time to time. Take the time to adjust your focus.

Some people make New Year's Resolutions. I normally make one every year and work hard to keep that one. My resolution is one that will improve my life or someone else's life.

Give thought to where you are, where you are going, where you want to be. Then lay the groundwork to get there. Prepare your fields. If you are ready, it will happen. This year, I will be making plans (resolutions, if you choose) that will simplify my life as well as improving it.

What will you do?

2 comments:

The Green Cat said...

Awesome inspiring post, sis. I'm going to spend some time thinking about this.

CC said...

My friend Rodney left this comment on Facebook. I am copying it here as it goes along with this post and I want to preserve it!
"From the time you were born until now, if we played your life's movie around the world, would it be a block buster or on DVD in a week? This raises a serious question... What decisions have you made over the course of your life which bought you to this place at this time? Remember God has ordered your steps, Which steps are you taking?"